Dash2, DL1, VEMS setup questions

Johns

Dash2, DL1, VEMS setup questions

Postby Johns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am

Hi,

I have a DASH2 and a DL1 MK2 with a VEMS ECU interface connected to my VEMS ECU.

I have updated both the DASH2, DL1 and my VEMS ECU with the newest updates. The problem is that I only get the RPM signal to my Dash 2 (and the GPS speed). I don’t get any other data from the ECU. What can be wrong? AIM data is activated and I guess the rpm wouldn’t work otherwise?

racetec
Site Admin

Re: Dash2, DL1, VEMS setup questions

Postby racetec » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Are you getting the rest of the ECU data in the logged data? We need to establish if all of the data is getting to the DL1 before it is getting to the DASH2. It sounds obvious, but the RPM is coming from the ECU and not from a direct connection to the DASH2 or DL1?

Martin

Johns

Postby Johns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:22 pm

How do i check if the rest of the data is coming to the DL1? I have some log files from the last time I drove the car but haven’t learned the program to analyze these, only know how to set the start/stop point.

Yes. The only thing other then power connected to the DASH2 and DL1/VEMS is the ECU interface. So the DASH2 is getting the RPM from the VEMS ECU Through the DL1 and I needed to configure all for that to work but can’t get anything else up on the dash from the ECU.

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am

With the data loaded in to the Analysis software, go in to the Variable Manager and look in the Serial Variable section to see if you can see any data there. If you get stuck email your .run file to me. mhill at race-technology dot com.

Martin

Johns

Postby Johns » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Martin,

I dident have the log file from the DL1 on my computer and i am on another location right now so can’t check them for a couple of days.

But I did e-mail you the setup file for my DL1 and the configure file for my DASH2.

Johns

Postby Johns » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi Martin,

I have sent you the .RUN file now as well.

Another question related. I always get a dash right out in the middle of nowhere when I’m using my DL1, you can see it in the file I sent you. Is there something I need to set up? I guess it shouldn’t be like that.

Return to “Installation questions”