Newb needs help with wheel speed sensor DL1

Jelson

Newb needs help with wheel speed sensor DL1

Postby Jelson » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:00 pm

Ok, I'm trying to set up the DL1. It's going to be some time before I can install my hall effect sensor, which are Cherry GS101202s. So, what I'm doing is trying to simulate what the sensors will be doing with the DL1 and make sure I can read and extract the data from my computer. So, I connected two function generators to the DL1, with the hot wires going to F1 and F2, and their common ground going to the GND input right next to rL, and I have nothing. I tell it to log, and when I open it up with analyzer, I just get some funky curve for position/time, which is funny because I have no GPS fix in this building. I either don't know how to configure it so I can acquire freq input data, or I just don't know how to view it.

The second thing I've been trying to figure out is how to connect the DL1 to a load cell. The load cell outputs serial ASCII information, and the output is in reverse, so if the load cell detects 145.2 pounds, it outputs "=2.54100". This is correct as per the datasheet for this particular load cell. I connected the load cell to my computer and viewed it through hyperterminal to make sure that the load cell is outputting data correctly, and it is. I configured the load cell to output 9600 baud, which is its highest setting. I reformatted my CF card, saved a configuration onto it to set the serial baud to 9600, and plugged it into the DL1 with it on, as per the instructions. I logged data, pulling on the cell to get various data, and then viewed it with analyzer, and I got nothing. I tried messing with serial data this or that and I got nothing. I'm conected to the serial port on the back of the DL1. Should I connect to SRx instead?

Return to “Sensor-related questions”