Backup existing data/config in Dash2

beingoriginal

Backup existing data/config in Dash2

Postby beingoriginal » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:14 am

I've recently acquired a car with a Dash2 running firmware 9.3.4, as the car was not setup by me and I don’t have a record of any of the configuration, I want to capture/read all of the existing settings before making any changes and/or updating the firmware, I’ve checked the legacy Dash2 software (version 1.0.129) and it doesn’t look to give this option.

What’s my best method for updating my dash and crucially not losing any of the existing date?

Thanks in advance.

racetec
Site Admin

Re: Backup existing data/config in Dash2

Postby racetec » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:38 am

One of the big upgrades from the older firmware to the new one is the ability to read back the configuration from the unit. Unfortunately you can't do this with the older firmware so you will just have to note down the settings from looking at the screen and make up the new one from that if you don't have it.

Martin

beingoriginal

Postby beingoriginal » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

One of the big upgrades from the older firmware to the new one is the ability to read back the configuration from the unit. Unfortunately you can't do this with the older firmware so you will just have to note down the settings from looking at the screen and make up the new one from that if you don't have it.

Martin
Thanks Martin

Can I actually see all the settings in the dashboard itself or will I see the existing settings by just connecting my laptop to the dash and running the legacy software?

I'm happy to program the dash from scratch after updating the firmware if I have all the existing info.

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:45 am

All that you will be able to see is what channels are configured on the different screens. You won't be able to see things like alarm settings. If you go in to the menu you will be able to see the settings for the things like the number of pulses per mile for the speedometer. These are the sort of settings which could only be set from the menu in the older firmware but are all set from the PC software in the new firmware.

Martin

beingoriginal

Postby beingoriginal » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Thanks, looks like I'm stuck then and I would have to set most things up from scratch.

Return to “General software support”