Connector and Wiring Loom Details
The SPEEDBOX20 unit has three connectors: CONN1, GPS1 and GPS2. GPS1 and GPS2 are female SMA connectors, and a 3.3V active GPS antenna is required. CONN1 is a 12 pin male Binder 723-series connector.
Figure 9: CONN1 (12 pole male Binder 723-series) pinout
"WARNING": To avoid any possible damage to the car paintwork, please take care when mounting magnetic GPS antennas. In particular make sure that there are no dust or grit under the antenna. In some cases it maybe required to add additional protection to the paintwork prior to mounting the antenna to avoid damage.
Wiring Loom Pinout
The wiring loom supplied with the SPEEDBOX20 contains the following:
• A 12 pole female connector to connect to CONN1
• Female BNC connectors for the three analogue outputs and the pulse output
• A 9-pin male D-sub connector for RS232
• Tinned wire to connect to CAN
• Tinned wire for connecting to +12V DC supply.
The full pinout of the wiring loom is shown below.
Figure 10: Full pinout of the wiring loom