Logging the DASH2 Inputs
Following section describes how to output DASH2 analogue channels to the DL1 or DL2.
1. Configuring the DL1 / DL2 to expect RT serial messages from DASH2
- Open the DL1/2 configuration software.
(If you already have a configuration file for the DL1/ DL2, open it using the Edit configuration button.)
- Switch to the Serial port configuration tab. Make sure that Decode Serial data check box is ticked. This must be enabled for the DL1 or DL2 to decode data from the DASH2
- Click on Save Configuration button to save the configuration to the disk. The name of the configuration file will be SETUP.BIN
- Format a CF card into FAT16 format.
- Copy the SETUP.BIN on to the root folder of the formatted CF card and with the DL1/2 turned on insert CF Card.
- When configuration has been over, power down the DL1/2.
2. Connect the DASH2 and DL1/2 using the serial extension cable. Power on the DL1/2 with a CF card inserted.
N.B If you are using the same CF card that you used earlier to configure the DL1/2, ensure that the SETUP.BIN file is deleted.
3. Now DASH2 outputs serial messages on its data port to the DL1/2
4. Logged data (.Run file ) can be analyzed by using the RT Analysis or Monitor software. They show up as Analogue Channels 17 to 20 in the variable manager.