Configuring the display
Once all the information has been entered into the configuration software then the setup file has to be transferred to the display product. This can be done in one of 2 ways:
- If the display product is driven from a data logger product then:- click the "Save configuration" button to generate a "dash.dat" file
- copy the file to the root directory of an empty, formatted, compact flash card
- turn on the display and the logger
- insert the compact flash card with the "dash.dat" file on it
- once the card is inserted then the information will be automatically read and transferred and the display configured
- note that the display will remember its configuration - there is no need to repeat the operation every time the display is used. This is only necessary when makign changes to the configuration settings
- If the display is used in "standalone" mode then the configuration has to be sent directly from the PC to the display over the serial port (or USB port with serial adaptor).
- Connect the computer to the display with the supplied serial cable - this is a 9 way serial extension lead.
- Turn on the display and check it is operating
- select the correct serial port number in the software and click the "send config by serial" button in the configuration software
Note that even if you are configuring the display over the serial port it is wise to keep a copy of the "dash.dat" file on your PC otherwise you will have to enter the configuration options from scratch each time. The configuration software provides the ability to read in the settings from an existing dash.dat file using the "import configuration file" button. In this way, you will only need to make the required changes to your existing configuration, rather than starting each time from the default settings displayed at startup in the configuration software.