DASH2 PRO Introduction
- Robust, die cast zinc alloy enclosure, sealed to IP64
- High contrast, non-reflective, high visibility custom LCD display with EL backlight
- 19 and 24 way Binder 423-series connectors
- Compatible with the DL2, DL1, and SPEEDBOX products
- 6 configurable dual colour red/green shift lights
- 4 stand-alone analogue inputs
- Wheel speed input for vehicle speed and odometer reading
- Non-resettable odometer
- Resettable trip meter
- High and low level engine speed inputs
- Twin independent 5v reference outputs
- Configurable peak RPM hold
- Gear indicator
- GPS signal strength indicator
- Max/min recall with reset
- 5 configurable high/low alarms
- Connections for optional external buttons to control operation
- Easily configurable with supplied PC software
- Warning lights for main beam, indicators, brakes, alternator output and fog light
- Display in mph or kph and miles or km
- 5 user configurable data display screens
- USB port for configuration and data download (data download requires data logging option)
- Complete setups for 3 drivers and 3 modes
- Advanced filtering and channel mapping options
The following are available as options for the DASH2 PRO
- Extra 4 analogue inputs to bring the total to 8
- Advanced alarm and trip computer functions, including monitoring engine hours and laps of fuel remaining
- 4 low side on/off output drivers
- Upgrade output drivers to full PWM output
- Data logging with GPS and accelerometers for single unit lap timing / data logging, including live timeslip
- Second serial port for connecting to further Race Technology data loggers or ECU interfaces
- CAN receive option for up to 105 CAN reception channels, directly mapped to processed data channels
- Second CAN port
The DASH2 PRO can be combined with other Race Technology products such as data loggers or ECU interfaces to expand the IO capacity should more channels or higher sample rates be required.
What is the DASH2 PRO?
The DASH2 pro is a fully street legal, compact, water resistant data display system designed for standalone use as a dashboard / lap timer / data logger in either closed or open vehicles. The DASH2 PRO has four analogue inputs as standard, typically used for water temperature, fuel level, oil pressure and oil temperature. There are also inputs for wheel speed sensor and engine speed measurement to make the system in to a fully road legal dashboard, with warning lights included for indicators, brakes, fog light and headlamp main beam, as well as a non-resettable odometer with trip counter, the DASH2 PRO is also an ideal display system for use on road-going cars.
With the optional data logging and analogue input extensions the DASH2 PRO can be used as a full 8 analogue input data logger, complete with GPS and accelerometers built in to the unit. All channels can be set up with alarms (5 alarms) so they do not need to be monitored continuously by the driver. When connected to an external data logger or ECU interface many more channels become available for monitoring and logging. Logged data is stored on an internal memory card and downloaded to a PC over a USB interface.
Four remote buttons control the DASH2 PRO, three of which can be programmed to provide functions such as resetting monitored values to look for changes, resetting the trip meter, viewing maximum or minimum values, etc. The lap timing features of the DASH2 PRO enable viewing of best lap and sector times after a run, as well as live lap and sector times with predictive timing and live updates of the timeslip to see continuosly how much faster or slower the current lap is compared to the reference lap. An optional system of advanced alarms and driver information can give information such as how many laps of fuel are remaining, or how much time the engine has spent above a certain RPM limit.
Who is the DASH2 PRO designed for?
The DASH2 PRO is designed for anyone wanting a compact yet feature-packed dashboard. From road cars that never see a race track through to single-seater racing applications, the DASH2 PRO displays all the information required by the driver in an extremely compact yet clear and easily read format.
NOTE: Not all options will be available at product release