- Can I use the DASH4PRO at night?
- Can the DASH4PRO be used as a standalone display?
- How do I connect the DASH4PRO to a PC?
- Can I use the DASH4PRO with my optical beacon?
- Is the DASH4PRO waterproof?
- What are predictive lap times?
- Can the DASH4PRO display predictive lap times?
1. Can I use the DASH4PRO at night?
Yes. The DASH4PRO is backlit and the LEDs are dimmable so they are not too bright for night time use.
2. Can the DASH4PRO be used as a standalone display?
The DASH4PRO accepts data either from one of our Data Loggers, or from an ECU interface. It cannot be used as an entirely standalone display in the way that the DASH2 can.
3. How do I connect the DASH4PRO to a PC?
For direct connection to a PC you need to be able to give it a separate power supply by making up an adapter as shown here:-
Then you can connect the female d-type connector directly to a PC serial port. Note that if required this cable can be purchased from Race Technology as a special order item.
4. Can I use the DASH4PRO with my optical beacon?
No. The DASH4PRO is designed for use with the GPS system that is built into our data logging products.
5. Is the DASH4PRO waterproof?
Yes. The DASH4PRO is a sealed unit suitable for use in typical rain conditions. It is not suitable for submersion in water or exposure to the powerful jets from a jet wash.
6. What are predictive lap times?
Predictive lap times are estimates of your lap time that are calculated before you finish the lap. I.E. They will give an estimate of what your lap time will be if you complete the lap that you are currently driving.
7. Can the DASH4PRO display predictive lap times?
Yes. The DASH4PRO can calculate and display lap and sector times in a number of common formats.