Operation of the LEDs
There are 6 LEDs on the front of the unit:
- Power on LED
- When external power is applied, LED is constantly on
- It flashes when running from its internal battery
- It blinks when in low power mode
Power on LED also indicates some special status by One long flash, followed by 1, 2 or 3 short flashes.
1. short flash indicates that the unit is performing a firmware re-flash or re-configuration or factory setting re-flashing or calibration or firmware image re-flashing or configuration reading.
2. short flashes indicated that the unit is currently download new firmware from the internet
3. short flashes means that the internal memory is full and no further data logging is possible until the current data is uploaded to the internet
- Logging – on when logging data, off when not logging.
- GSM signal – on when data is being actively updated to the internet
- GPS lock – on when the GPS signal is of sufficient quality to use
- Serial data in – on when there is valid RT format data being input
- CAN data in – on when there is CAN data being input